Solution for Process Analysers
PAC Manager provides a solution for industries that rely on process analysers to control chemical processes, protect staff and equipment and meet quality and environmental certification requirements.
How it works
Enter your calibrations into PAC Manager
The calibration wizard will process your data
Save Time and money on labor costs
How does PAC Manager benefit potential users?
Cloud based storage of analyser calibration records – saves space and means no more lost or missing records. Calibration history can easily be retrieved by logging into the user account. Essentially all of the information required in an audit is available in the cloud.
Built in statistical analysis of error data, including cumulative drift and standard deviation of errors used to calculate standard uncertainty. This is a powerful tool for predictive maintenance and fault finding.
Process plants can have dozens of process analysers and gas detectors, that require calibration on a regular basis. PAC Manager implements a systematic approach with a calibration scheduler page that list calibrations due and overdue, along with the number of days overdue. Users can select groups of analysers that are close together and print out prefilled worksheets. Grouping jobs helps to speed up work and reduce costs
Auto filling of certificate data and single click printing and emailing of calibration certificates. No more re-entering data onto paper forms or XL spreadsheets. Just enter the data and click and do the next calibration.
PAC Manager reduces the amount of time spent on administrative tasks. Use your technicians for the work they were trained to do, rather than filling out forms and filing certificates. Once a calibration is started, and a few selected entries made via desktop computer or portable device, the calibration worksheet is ready to be printed. Results of the calibration can be entered directly into a mobile phone in the field and the calibration can be finished and closed off in the field. As well as saving time, All this reduces the risk of technicians leaving the site without completing the documentation.
Why is it Important to Choose a Cloud Based Solution?
- They are functioning properly
- They are adjusted for zero and span drift
- They comply with quality control and environmental standards and regulations
This results in a considerable administrative overhead as calibration records have to be filed, stored and retrieved when required, to prove that calibrations have been done correctly. PAC Manager is designed to manage the calibration more efficiently. Using the cloud simplifies and automates the storage and retrieval of critical data. This application can be accessed on a desktop, phone or tablet under a password protected regime, making it convenient and secure for plant managers, planners and field technicians.
Easy to read Charts
Easy to use Worksheets
Have questions? Send us a message
What is PAC Manager?
PAC Manager is a cloud based program designed to manage calibration of process analysers.
What are process analysers?
Process analysers are instruments used to measure the amount of one chemical in another. For example it could measure carbon dioxide in air or the amount of nitrous oxide in a cylinder of anaesthetic.
Where are process analysers used?
Process analysers are used in a wide variety of industries. Most large process plants, like petroleum refineries, air separation plants as well as carbon dioxide, chlorine and plastics plants. They are also used in smaller commercial operations like gas cylinder filling for industrial and medical gases.
The process analyser market is worth about US$ 4 billion a year and growing at about 4%.
How does PAC Manager fit into the market?
Almost all analysers require calibration on a regular basis. Most must be done monthly. A significant part of the cost of running an analyser is the cost of calibration. If the business is operating under a quality control regime, such as ISO 9000, the calibration results, in the form of calibration certificates or reports must be kept for audit. All this adds to the cost and complication of managing a plant.
PAC Manager is designed to manage the calibration more efficiently and to reduce the cost to plant owners by automatically storing calibration results in the cloud. The app works on desktop, phone or tablet, so can be accessed by plant managers, planners and field workers.
What are the features and benefits of PAC Manager?
2. Implementation of a systematic approach. A plant manager may be responsible for up to 60 analysers if his site has multiple processes. These all have to be calibrated at different frequencies, making the whole process of planning and scheduling calibrations a complex tasks. PAC Manager takes care of all this. The calibration page, lists the calibrations due next week and the calibrations overdue and by how many days.
3. Diagnostic tools. Each calibration determines and captures the ‘as found’ and ‘as left’ errors. These are automatically trended and displayed on a time base giving a graphic representation of instrument drift. The instrument drift over time is a valuable tool in identifying the health of the analyser and providing an insight into the nature of faults and component failure. In other words the app assists in maintaining the analysers as well as ensuring they are working correctly.
4. Automation. As PAC Manager is a cloud based app and built using the Oracle APEX environment, it lends itself to cloud based automation. These features are not yet built in, however, it is envisioned that implementation of emailed reports summarising the status of analysers could be added as the customer base grows.
5. Calibration wizard. The in-built calibration wizard ensures that calibration is carried out the same way regardless of who is doing the calibration. The wizard looks at previous calibration results to determine what level of error is normal and what represents an abnormal result and makes recommendations as to whether the analyser should be adjusted or not.
How secure is my data? Can it be backed up?
PAC Manager is written using state of the art technology and hosted by modern reliable facilities that are concerned with the security of the data they host. However if you would like additional local backup facilities, you are welcome to discuss the options available with our SQL expert.